Mixing Memory and Desire?
Join 2,286 other followers
- RT @penileyramirez: Nuestra @Maria_Hinojosa, con quien codirijo @fuhinvestigates escribió este texto durísimo sobre por qué cubrir las muer… 16 hours ago
- RT @penileyramirez: Nuestra reportera @ItsJMartinelli, fue al desierto con los Blue Armadillos, una organización que busca migrantes perdid… 16 hours ago
- RT @penileyramirez: #Exclusive In this year-long investigation, @fuhinvestigates dig into how the U.S. government and Border Patrol’s decad… 1 day ago
- RT @jorgeramosnews: This is so powerful. You have to listen to this investigation by @futuromedia in order to prevent more deaths at the b… 1 day ago
- RT @14ymedio: Crónica de una farsa anunciada ow.ly/vQMA50LTngV 👉 Las décimas de @Aromay #DiversionismoIdeológico https://t.co/SfmUxJg… 1 day ago
—mon semblable,— mon frère!
December 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Geandy Pavón
These are the photos of the newest installment of “Project Nemesis,” by Cuban artist Geandy Pavón. This time, “Nemesis” was dedicated to Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, who has been under arrest since April 3rd, when the Chinese regime launched one of the harshest campaigns against dissent since the massacre at Tiananmen Square in 1989.
The performance of “Nemesis” began at 10:30 p.m., over the wall of the consulate of the People’s Republic of China, in New York City. On this occasion —as opposed to previous installments— the image that was used by Pavón was not a still photo. The projection on the wall was a film made using sunflower oil, as the surface upon which the image was reflected.
The video of the performance is being edited. Until it arrives, I have the privilege of sharing the following images. These photos are courtesy of the artist Geandy Pavón.
Please spread the word.