Mixing Memory and Desire?
- Mi hijo se dio un golpe en el codo y dijo: “ah, mi suegra está hablando de mí”. Tiene once años. 🤣🤣🤣 2 hours ago
- #Cuba: donde la policía te arresta por resistirte al arresto. 4 hours ago
- Dos cosas que son una: En #Cuba hay una agrupación musical —algo hay que llamarla— que se autodenomina #BuenaFe.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- Diálogos y monólogos en #Cuba: razon.com.mx/opinion/column… vía @LaRazon_mx y @librocrepusculo. 5 hours ago
- Ana María Simo: “#Cuba es dolorosa. Trato de no verla”: hypermediamagazine.com/columnistas/fi… vía @hypermediaed. 5 hours ago
Tag Archives: Ai Weiwei
These are the photos of the newest installment of “Project Nemesis,” by Cuban artist Geandy Pavón. This time, “Nemesis” was dedicated to Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, who has been under arrest since April 3rd, when the Chinese regime launched one of the harshest campaigns against dissent since the massacre at Tiananmen Square in 1989.
The performance of “Nemesis” began at 10:30 p.m., over the wall of the consulate of the People’s Republic of China, in New York City. On this occasion —as opposed to previous installments— the image that was used by Pavón was not a still photo. The projection on the wall was a film made using sunflower oil, as the surface upon which the image was reflected.
The video of the performance is being edited. Until it arrives, I have the privilege of sharing the following images. These photos are courtesy of the artist Geandy Pavón.
Please spread the word.