Mixing Memory and Desire?
- #Cuba | Por fin comprendo el significado de las siglas de @ETECSA_Cuba: Esta Tarde Eliminamos Conexiones Sin Avisar. twitter.com/luz_cuba/statu… 11 hours ago
- RT @Luz_Cuba: Tal y como ocurrió ayer y antier al filo de las 5pm @ETECSA_Cuba me devuelve mi línea telefónica después de interrumpirla a l… 11 hours ago
- RT @CoriBush: Our hope is that this verdict will be a small step towards accountability. But that’s just about accountability, not justice.… 12 hours ago
- RT @sheetalsheth: And for the cops who take issue with this verdict, find a new job. 🙏🏽✌🏽 #BlackLivesMatter 12 hours ago
- RT @RialtaEdiciones: La nación protesta, una playlist de María Antonia Cabrera Arús Una playlist de más de noventa temas, compuestos por a… 13 hours ago
—mon semblable,— mon frère!
April 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Tag Archives: Ai Weiwei
These are the photos of the newest installment of “Project Nemesis,” by Cuban artist Geandy Pavón. This time, “Nemesis” was dedicated to Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, who has been under arrest since April 3rd, when the Chinese regime launched one of the harshest campaigns against dissent since the massacre at Tiananmen Square in 1989.
The performance of “Nemesis” began at 10:30 p.m., over the wall of the consulate of the People’s Republic of China, in New York City. On this occasion —as opposed to previous installments— the image that was used by Pavón was not a still photo. The projection on the wall was a film made using sunflower oil, as the surface upon which the image was reflected.
The video of the performance is being edited. Until it arrives, I have the privilege of sharing the following images. These photos are courtesy of the artist Geandy Pavón.
Please spread the word.