received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- #Cuba | Por fin comprendo el significado de las siglas de @ETECSA_Cuba: Esta Tarde Eliminamos Conexiones Sin Avisar. twitter.com/luz_cuba/statu… 12 hours ago
- RT @Luz_Cuba: Tal y como ocurrió ayer y antier al filo de las 5pm @ETECSA_Cuba me devuelve mi línea telefónica después de interrumpirla a l… 12 hours ago
- RT @CoriBush: Our hope is that this verdict will be a small step towards accountability. But that’s just about accountability, not justice.… 13 hours ago
- RT @sheetalsheth: And for the cops who take issue with this verdict, find a new job. 🙏🏽✌🏽 #BlackLivesMatter 13 hours ago
- RT @RialtaEdiciones: La nación protesta, una playlist de María Antonia Cabrera Arús Una playlist de más de noventa temas, compuestos por a… 14 hours ago
—mon semblable,— mon frère!
April 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30