received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- RT @liliantintori: .@Pontifex_es Todavía a esta hora, hoy lunes no hemos tenido información ni repuesta oficial del Estado sobre la condici… 26 minutes ago
- El #violinista #WuillyArteaga y @PaquitoDRivera piden paz para #Venezuela en una 'misa musical' en #NuevaYork: tinyurl.com/y8mav5f4. #NYC 1 day ago
- RT @liliantintori: #URGENTE Estoy en Ramo Verde. No dejan pasar ni a los fiscales, ni a los médicos, ni al abogado, ni a mí. Exijo ver a Le… 1 day ago
- Sin armas de fuego, dice @NicolasMaduro; según él, la represión es "con agua y el gasecito lacrimógeno". Miente. Di… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- RT @NickMiroff: These guardsman were protected by a fence. What possible justification is there for shooting a protester point blank like t… 2 days ago