received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- #Cuba | ¿Podría Silvio Rodríguez, el traidor de los aplausos, demandar a Orishas? j.mp/36tUcoR, vía @diariodecuba. 7 hours ago
- RT @ananavarro: US Senate switchboard number’s 202-224-3121. Call and ask to be connected w/your Senators’ offices. Leave messages. Tweet t… 6 days ago
- RT @penileyramirez: Buenas noches de una inmigrante que encontró una segunda vida y una oportunidad de ser libre y feliz en un país distint… 6 days ago
- Ser juzgado por 'peligrosidad predelictiva' lleva a una condena segura en #Cuba: j.mp/2FLImvh #Cuba… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- 'Soy lo prohibido': estos son (algunos de) los #artistas que han sido censurados en #Cuba: j.mp/3a2fTPL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago