received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- RT @diariodecuba: Archivo #Cuba lanza una campaña para que Barnes & Nobles deje de promover un libro que glorifica al #Che 'Por mi parte,… 1 week ago
- #Cuba | @CarlosAMontaner reseña #DeDóndeSonLosGusanos, la crónica del regreso de @NDDVblog a aquella larga isla ver… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Gobierno de Cuba: Carta al Gobierno de la República de #Cuba, por estudiantes y profesores universitarios:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- 'Que hablen mis alumnos, son quienes tienen potestad para valorar mi trabajo académico' tinyurl.com/y5dn4lqt vía @diariodecuba. 3 weeks ago
- RT @sheetalsheth: BACK TO SCHOOL GIVEAWAY!! For anyone working in education- thank u for your work. To win: personalized signed book, perso… 3 weeks ago