received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- RT @ananavarro: I commend you for quickly introducing legislation to avoid same horrible tragedy, after a dog died on an airline. I hope it… 1 week ago
- RT @RosaMariaPaya: No son elecciones: hay votaciones pero es imposible elegir. El número de candidatos es igual al número de puestos en el… 1 week ago
- Los mitos desechables: letraslibres.com/espana-mexico/…. #Cuba #arte #cubano 1 week ago
- Opinion: In a New Jersey classroom, poetry, gunfire and grief njersy.co/2HZHClX via @northjersey 1 week ago
- RT @jbellolio: Dictadura Cubana no me permite el ingreso al país. Dieron orden de no embarcarme desde Miami. Esto, en razón de mi participa… 2 weeks ago