received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- RT @HamillHimself: Putin Elected Trump https://t.co/iYuv7PvNCQ 15 hours ago
- Columna | Luis Almagro desnuda a la dictadura cubana; por Javier El-Hage / Thor Halvorssen internacional.elpais.com/internacional/… via @el_pais 15 hours ago
- RT @RosaMariaPaya: Hoy hace 7 años que el régimen cubano torturó y dejó morir en huelga de hambre al preso político Orlando Zapata Tamayo.… 15 hours ago
- RT @CNN: FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories cnn.it/2mi2LNv https://t.co/qps1r96EkA 15 hours ago
- Cuba impide entrar al jefe de la OEA en La Habana internacional.elpais.com/internacional/… via @el_pais 1 day ago