received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- Mi hijo se dio un golpe en el codo y dijo: “ah, mi suegra está hablando de mí”. Tiene once años. 🤣🤣🤣 3 hours ago
- #Cuba: donde la policía te arresta por resistirte al arresto. 6 hours ago
- Dos cosas que son una: En #Cuba hay una agrupación musical —algo hay que llamarla— que se autodenomina #BuenaFe.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Diálogos y monólogos en #Cuba: razon.com.mx/opinion/column… vía @LaRazon_mx y @librocrepusculo. 6 hours ago
- Ana María Simo: “#Cuba es dolorosa. Trato de no verla”: hypermediamagazine.com/columnistas/fi… vía @hypermediaed. 7 hours ago