received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too nyti.ms/2ABkevk 19 hours ago
- Colbert Shares Thoughts on the Alabama Election, Namely, Roy Moore’s Horse vulture.com/2017/12/colber… via @vulture 1 day ago
- Netflix's 'creepy' tweet reminds us all how closely it's watching us wapo.st/2jxuIoa?tid=ss… 2 days ago
- Hello, @chessninja: I've been trying to reach you regarding an invitation to @Kasparov63. Could you DM me so that w… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- #Cuba | Mi primer encuentro con la Seguridad del Estado: 14ymedio.com/nacional/Adoni…: vía @14ymedio. #ElCompañeroQueMeAtiende #Libros 3 days ago