received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- RT @penileyramirez: El periodismo no está para aplaudir al gobierno, aunque sea uno con cuyos candidatos el periodista, como ciudadano, sim… 1 week ago
- En "La #Libertad vs. la minuciosa imposibilidad de escoger", Enrique del Risco (@enrisco) escribe (y suscribo): 'No… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- In Patriarchy No One Can Hear You Scream: Rebecca Solnit on Jeffrey Epstein and the Silencing Machine: lithub.com/in-patriarchy-… via @lithub 1 week ago
- #Cuba | @enrisco recuerda "El crimen (casi) perfecto": enrisco.blogspot.com/2019/07/el-cri…. 1 week ago
- RT @suburbanocom: El Consulado General y Centro de Promoción @argenmiami invita. @HVeraAlvarez, ganador del #FloridaBookAwards por #LaLibre… 1 week ago