received a Master of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from the City University of New York. His novel Salidas de emergencia was published in Spain (Baile del Sol, 2007) and in Italy (NonSoloParole, 2007); his book of poetry Los culpables was published in Spain (Linkgua ediciones, 2008). He is a contributor to Encuentro en la red, Letralia, Tierra de Letras and Penúltimos días, as well as to the quarterlies Encuentro de la Cultura Cubana, Caleta, Replicante and Letras Libres. He has translated into Spanish the novel Flight to Freedom, by Ana Veciana-Suarez, as well as the Newbery Award winning book of poetry The Surrender Tree, by Margarita Engle and, into English, the novel Al norte del infierno, by Miguel Correa Mujica. With Enrique Del Risco, he has written lyrics for Paquito D’Rivera’s operetta Cecilio Valdés, Rey de La Habana. He lives in New Jersey with his wife, his son, his dogs and a few books, and writes about Cuba, literature and other tropical diseases in his blogs: Belascoaín y Neptuno & Mixing Memory and Desire.
Mixing Memory and Desire?
- RT @PaquitoDRivera: Saturday - March 23, Mexico City, Noche de Primavera Festivales. @Paquitodrivera joins the Dizzy Gillespie All-Stars!… 2 days ago
- An Open Letter on the Situation in #Venezuela: translatingcuba.com/an-open-letter… via @mjpster and @PenultimosDias. #Cuba #Cubazuela 2 days ago
- La Seguridad del Estado #cubana advierte que impedirá toda acción del #activismo #antirracista:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @diariodecuba: @enrisco habla en #Madrid de su novela #Turcosenlaniebla. La obra ganó el XX Premio Unicaja de Novela Fernando Quiñones.… 3 days ago
- "Así escribí mi historia", cuenta @enrisco en @zendalibros, a propósito de su novela "Turcos en la niebla", ganador… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago